Tina Turner poised to become a Swiss citizen
Tina Turner arrives on the red carpet for a fashion show by Giorgio Armani at the 798 art complex in Beijing. / Getty
Tina Turner is on her way to becoming a Swiss citizen.
The American rock diva has lived in the Zurich suburb of Kuesnacht since the mid-1990s. The local Zuerichsee-Zeitung newspaper said on its website the local council announced its decision to grant the 73-year-old Turner citizenship in an official notice published in Friday's edition.
The decision still requires formal approval from cantonal (state) and federal authorities.
Other celebrities who have had homes in Switerland include Phil Collins, Shania Twain and Roger Moore.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- CBS up, "Idol" down as traditional TV season ends