Tina Turner poised to become a Swiss citizen
Tina Turner arrives on the red carpet for a fashion show by Giorgio Armani at the 798 art complex in Beijing. / Getty
Tina Turner is on her way to becoming a Swiss citizen.
The American rock diva has lived in the Zurich suburb of Kuesnacht since the mid-1990s. The local Zuerichsee-Zeitung newspaper said on its website the local council announced its decision to grant the 73-year-old Turner citizenship in an official notice published in Friday's edition.
The decision still requires formal approval from cantonal (state) and federal authorities.
Other celebrities who have had homes in Switerland include Phil Collins, Shania Twain and Roger Moore.
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 225 Comments
- Police looking into Nigella Lawson throat-grab photos
- Miss USA 2013 24 Photos
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby
- New Miss USA is an accountant
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- "True Blood" returns for sixth season
- Weekend box office: "Man of Steel" smashes June record