"Dexter" adds Charlotte Rampling, Sean Patrick Flanery for Season 8
Actors Charlotte Rampling, left, and Sean Patrick Flanery. / Getty Images
"Dexter" is bringing Charlotte Rampling and Sean Patrick Flanery on for Season 8.
The Showtime drama has cast the two actors in recurring roles for the show's upcoming installment, The Hollywood Reporter said Thursday.
Per THR, Rampling ("The Duchess") will play a neuro-psychiatrist who works with young psychopaths and profiles criminals in unorthodox ways. Flanery ("The Young and the Restless") will play Jacob Elroy, an ex-cop owner of a private investigation company in Miami.
"Dexter" returns for its eighth season on June 30. Earlier this month at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour, Showtime entertainment president David Nevins would not say whether this next season will be the show's last.
"I think I will clarify before 'Dexter' goes on the air for this next season [in June]," he said, according to Deadline. "There's a clear end game in place."
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Terminator 2" star Edward Furlong arrested