"Girls" picked up for third season
Lena Dunham appears in a scene from "Girls" on HBO. / HBO
"Girls" will be back for a third season.
The show's creator and star, Lena Dunham, confirmed the news during a interview on Alec Baldwin's podcast this week.
She said they're starting to shoot Season 3 at the end of March, saying, "I'm so excited."
When asked how many seasons will air, Dunham said, "You know, it's not clear. I mean HBO contractually has me I think as an actor for six years but as a writer and director -- I should pay more attention to my deals, but I'm just so excited to have my job, I just go, 'Okay, whatever you say.'"
"Girls" won best comedy series and best actress for Dunham at the Golden Globe Awards earlier this month.
The second season of "Girls" got under way earlier this month. Dunham executive producers the series along with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. The cast also features Jemima Kirke, Allison Williams, Zosia Mamet, Adam Driver and Alex Karpovsky. It airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET on HBO.
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 355 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by cops over assault
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby