"Bored to Death" could be resurrected as a movie
From left, Ted Danson, Jason Schwartzman and Jonathan Ames attend HBO's "Bored To Death" premiere at Jack H. Skirball Center for the Performing Arts on Sept. 21, 2010, in New York. / Getty
"Bored to Death" may come back to life as a movie.
Although the HBO series was put to rest in November 2011, Entertainment Weekly reports that series creator Jonathan Ames will team with HBO to write and produce a film with big-screen potential. Although things are in the very early planning stages, Jason Schwartzman, Zach Galifianakis and Ted Danson are said to be interesting in returning for a film version of the TV series, which ran for three seasons.
Schwartzman had the lead role on the series, playing a struggling writer, who decides to lead a double life as an amateur private detective.
Deadline first reported the news, noting that the familiar characters will "reunite to fight crime, commit crime, lose their minds, and fail-at-love" in a movie version.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral