Report: Arnold Schwarzenegger says he still loves Maria Shriver
Actor Arnold Schwarzenegger attends the premiere of the movie "The Last Stand" on Jan. 21, 2013, in Cologne, Germany. / PATRIK STOLLARZ/AFP/Getty Images
Arnold Schwarzenegger reportedly told Germany's top-selling newspaper that he's still in love with his estranged wife, Maria Shriver.
The actor and former California governor is quoted in Tuesday's Bild newspaper as saying that despite their separation, he spent Christmas with Shriver and their children.
Schwarzenegger is cited as saying "we're not fighting any war: I still hope for reconciliation; I still love Maria."
Shriver filed for divorce last year after 25 years of marriage following Schwarzenegger's admission he fathered a child with the family's housekeeper.
He has also acknowledged other affairs.
Schwarzenegger's latest movie, "The Last Stand," opened in theaters last week.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral