Sheryl Crow: Lance Armstrong's secret would have been "devastating in the long run"
Sheryl Crow at the 2012 CMT Artists Of The Year awards, Dec. 3, 2012 in Franklin, Tennessee. / Getty
Singer Sheryl Crow has told "Entertainment Tonight" that it would have been difficult for her ex-fiance, former cycling champion Lance Armstrong, to keep his doping secret any longer.
"I think that honesty is always the best bet and that the truth will set you free," Crow told ET's Nancy O'Dell. The musician told ET she only saw "bits and pieces" of Armstrong's confession interview with Oprah Winfrey. "To carry around a weight like that would be devastating in the long run."
- Armstrong turns emotional in 2nd part of interview
- Watch: How believable was Armstrong's confession?
- J.J. Abrams to produce Armstrong biopic
Armstrong and Crow dated from 2003 until splitting in 2006.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Eva Longoria graduates with a master's degree