Miss America going to inauguration despite "freezing" temperatures
Miss America, Mallory Hytes Hagan of New York, poses during a news conference after she was crowned during the 2013 Miss America Pageant at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino on Jan. 12, 2013, in Las Vegas. / Getty
It turns out that Mallory Hagan, the newly-crowned Miss America, is attending Monday's inauguration after all.
- Complete Coverage: The Presidential Inauguration 2013
- Beyonce, Katy Perry to perform at star-studded inauguration
Hagan had a ticket to the inauguration but said she wasn't sure if she would be attending because "it's going to be freezing."
Miss New York is crowned Miss America
But late Sunday, Hagan, 23, told Politico, she'll be there despite the "cold" temperatures. At around noon, it was about 39 degrees in Washington.
"I am. I am going," she said. "We were concerned about a few things, travel being one of them, and also, I was being a bit of a wimp and thinking that it might be cold, but I know that the weather says it's going to be about 52 tomorrow, and I've been graciously gifted a down coat, so I'll be there with bells on, and I'm very excited."
Hagan was born in Alabama, but has lived in New York since she was 18. She was named Miss New York last year and was crowned Miss America this month.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral