"Glee" star sued for alleged sexual assault
A former girlfriend of Glee star Mark Salling is accusing the actor of sexual battery stemming from an incident in March 2011, ET has learned.
According to court documents filed on Jan. 18 in Los Angeles, Salling's ex Roxanne Gorzela alleges that sexual battery, assault and battery, and intentional infliction of emotional distress occurred while the two were dating.
Specifically, Gorzela claims that Salling engaged in unprotected sex with her when she expressly communicated to him that he wear a condom while they were intimate. Following the alleged incident, Gorzela claims that she confronted Salling about his actions. At this point, she claims he pushed her to the floor causing injuries to her head and knees. A police report was filed on March 25, the day of the alleged attack.
UPDATE: Saturday morning, Salling took to Twitter and said, "I always have and always will appreciate your support. Terror and intimidation are things ill never subscribe to. Love y'all so much." Friday night, Salling's rep released the following statement: "There is no truth to this. It's the textbook case of a disgruntled girl looking to cash in on a TV star's success. We turn the rest over to Mark's attorneys and have no further comment."
Gorzela is asking for unspecified damages. Court documents state that the pair began dating in 2010.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "The Voice" to feature tribute to tornado victims