Justin Bieber's mom produces anti-abortion short film
Justin Bieber performs onstage during Power 96.1's Jingle Ball 2012 at the Philips Arena on Dec. 12, 2012, in Atlanta. / Ben Rose/Getty Images for Jingle Ball 2012
LOS ANGELES Justin Bieber's mother, Pattie Mallette, is an executive producer on an upcoming anti-abortion short film.
The makers of "Crescendo" hope to raise $10 million for pregnancy centers at screenings worldwide starting Feb. 28. Mallette herself will appear at some of these, said production company Movie to Movement on Friday.
The pop star's mother has written and spoken extensively about the addiction and abuse that led to her teenage pregnancy.
Mallette said in a statement she hopes her involvement with "Crescendo" will "encourage young women all over the world, just like me, to let them know that there is a place to go, people who will take care of you and a safe home to live in if you are pregnant and think you have nowhere else to turn."
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"