Betsy Brandt of "Breaking Bad" to play Michael J. Fox's wife on new series
Betsy Brandt arrives at the BAFTA Los Angeles 2013 Awards Season Tea Party held at the Four Seasons Hotel on Jan. 12, 2013, in Los Angeles. / Getty
"Breaking Bad" actress Betsy Brandt will star opposite Michael J. Fox in his upcoming NBC sitcom.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Brandt will portray Fox's wife, Annie, on the upcoming series. Brandt's character is being described as "tough yet loyal with a goofy side."
Fox will play Mike Burnaby, a former newscaster who leaves his job due to Parkinson's Disease but decides to return to work after undergoing treatment.
NBC has ordered 22 episodes of the series, inspired by Fox's real life and set In New York.
The untitled show will also feature Katie Finneran ("Wonderfall") as Leigh, Mike's younger sister; Conor Romero ("American Gangster") as Ian, Mike's teenage son; Jack Goor as Graham, Mike's youngest son; and Wendell Pierce ("Treme") will play Harris Green, Mike's close friend.
Jennifer Salke, NBC's network's entertainment president, said, "It's a family show that has him dealing with work and office relationships as well as dealing with kind of his public persona, which is very real. You see, he gets a standing ovation everywhere he shows up, and the idea that he's sort of been put up on this pedestal by the country and the world, really. He's just a regular guy, who gets frustrated, who gets mad at having to sit at home."
Brandt plays Marie Schrader on AMC's "Breaking Bad."
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season