Former "American Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi is going to be a mom
Kara DioGuardi attends Night for a Cure Party hat Mondrian Soho on Sept. 7, 2011, in New York. / Getty
Former "American Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi will welcome her first baby in the next few weeks.
The songwriter told People that she and husband, Mike McCuddy, are expecting a child via gestational surrogate.
"We are eagerly awaiting the healthy and happy birth of our son Greyson James Carroll McCuddy," DioGuardi, 42, said.
The couple were married in 2009 and have had faced numerous fertility issues, as well as failed IVF attempts.
"We made a personal decision to try with a surrogate. I asked someone we knew, a friend," DioGuardi said. "And on the first try, it worked...We're praying for our surrogate, that she gets through this and that it's as easy on her as it can possibly be, because she's been a gem throughout the whole process."
DioGuardi served as a judge during Seasons 8 and 9 of "Idol." In 2011, she was a judge on the Bravo series, "Platinum Hit." She has collaborated on songs with Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Gwen Stefani and Enrique Iglesias.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Bynes' allegations of sexual assault under investigation
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video