Katherine Webb to cover Super Bowl for "Inside Edition"
Miss Alabama Katherine Webb competes in the swimsuit competition during the 2012 Miss USA pageant in Las Vegas on June 3, 2012. / AP Photo/Julie Jacobson
Katherine Webb, the beauty queen who shot to social media stardom during the BCS championship, will be back in front of the cameras for another big football game.
The former Miss Alabama USA will serve as a correspondent for "Inside Edition" leading up to next month's Super Bowl in New Orleans.
Webb shared the news Wednesday on her Twitter page:
So excited to be chosen to cover the Super Bowl XLVII for @insideedition in New Orleans!— Katherine Webb (@_KatherineWebb) January 16, 2013
The girlfriend of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron became a star when ESPN's cameras lingered on her during the Crimson Tide's rout of Notre Dame on Jan. 7 and announcer Brent Musburger commented on her looks.
Alabama quarterback's model girlfriend
Webb calls the job "an honor and a dream come true." She says she'll "give fans an insider's look at what goes on as the teams prepare to battle and as the fans get ready to cheer on their favorites."
CBS said Wednesday she'll start work Jan. 28.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner