Jennifer Lopez on Ben Affleck's Golden Globes win: "I was really happy for him"
When Ben Affleck won best director at the Golden Globe Awards for "Argo," ex-fiancee Jennifer Lopez was among those cheering for him.
Lopez said she gave Affleck a standing ovation.
Golden Globes 2013 show highlights
"[Argo] was a great movie," she said during an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," airing Wednesday. "We got, you know, a lot of like ... They were really hard on us in the press when we dated back in the day. On movies and things like that. So it was a nice moment. It was nice to see him have that moment. I was really happy for him."
Lopez and Affleck broke off their engagement 10 years ago. The two, dubbed "Bennifer," were always in the tabloids and became a source of derision, and their movie together, "Gigli," bombed, hurting their careers.
Affleck, 40, is now married and has three children with actress Jennifer Garner. Lopez, 43, ended her marriage to singer Marc Anthony, with whom she has twins, in 2011.
Lopez told DeGeneres that it's not awkward seeing her exes, like Sean "Diddy" Combs and Affleck, at events like the Golden Globes.
"[It's not awkward], because I see them a lot," she said. "Because we're in the same business. We run in the same circles."
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 75 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby