Edward Furlong charged with battery against ex-girlfriend
File - In this Jan. 10, 2011 file photo cast member Edward Furlong, 35, arrives at the premiere "The Green Hornet" in Los Angeles. Furlong, who starred in "Terminator 2," was arrested Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2012, Los Angeles International Airport on suspicion of domestic violence, according to authorities. (AP Photo/Matt Sayles, File) / Matt Sayles
Edward Furlong has been charged with misdemeanor battery on an ex-girlfriend during an altercation on Sunday morning.
The actor has been in jail since his arrest in West Hollywood, Calif., on suspicion of battery and for an outstanding misdemeanor warrant on another domestic violence battery case involving the same woman.
Authorities told E! News that Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies were called to a Los Angeles-area home at 5:45 a.m. in response to a "boyfriend/girlfriend" disturbance. According to that report, the actor allegedly shoved the woman.
Furlong's attorney, Brian Michaels, says he is still gathering information about the arrest.
The 35-year-old actor, known for roles in "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" and "American History X," remains jailed on $50,000 bail.
He has also been involved in a custody dispute with his ex-wife and faces a probation violation for contempt of court in a Los Angeles case. A hearing in that case has been scheduled for Feb. 15.
Furlong was charged in the domestic violence case in December but failed to appear at a court hearing.
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stars pay tribute to James Gandolfini
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 145 Comments