Mindy McCready mourns loss of "soulmate" David Wilson
Mindy McCready performs at the V-Day Presentation of Any One Of Us: Words From Prison at Alice Tully Hall - Lincoln Center on June 21, 2006, in New York. / Getty
Mindy McCready says she's mourning the loss of her boyfriend, producer/singer David Wilson, who's also the father of her 9-month-old son, Zayne.
Wilson died at home in Heber Springs, Ark., on Sunday night, according to People. He was 34.
Authorities told The New York Daily News they responded to Wilson's home after receiving a report of a self-inflicted gunshot.
"David was my soulmate," the country singer told People in a statement. "He was a precious gift from God to all of us and, yesterday, he returned home and is now with his mother and father. David loved and was loved. Those who knew and loved him will miss him; those who did know David missed the opportunity to know a truly loving and gifted man."
McCready's rep said services for Wilson will take place in Arkansas, where Wilson resided with McCready.
McCready, 37, made headlines in 2011 in the wake of controversy surrounding custody over her other son, 7-year-old Zander, whose father is country artist Bill McKnight.
McCready's debut album came out in 1996. She released her most recent studio album, "I'm Still Here," in 2010.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "Star Trek Into Darkness" wins weekend box office
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Justin Bieber booed at Canadian football game
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards