Why Lena Dunham thanked Chad Lowe at Golden Globe Awards
Lena Dunham accepts the award for best actress in a TV series, comedy or musical, for "Girls" at the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards on Jan. 13, 2013, in Beverly Hills, Calif. / Getty
While accepting her Golden Globe Award for best actress in a TV comedy series or musical, Lena Dunham gave a shoutout to Chad Lowe.
Golden Globes 2013 red carpet
Because the "Girls" creator had promised her mother and herself, Dunham said, that if she ever won such an award she wouldn't forget to thank Lowe. Hilary Swank, who was married to Lowe at the time, famously did forget him when she accepted her best actress Oscar in 2000 for ''Boys Don't Cry.''
Golden Globes 2013 show highlights
It took the Golden Globes audience a few seconds to get the joke.
As for Lowe, he took to Twitter to joke: ''You forgot to thank me?! After all we've been through? I'm shocked.'' After his name started to trend on Twitter Sunday night, Lowe wrote: "Now that I'm trending worldwide (finally) does that mean I don't have to give my daughters a bath or change their diapers anymore?"
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video