"Game of Thrones" actor Wilko Johnson diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
Wilko Johnson arrives at the Q Awards 2010 at Grosvenor House Hotel on Oct. 25, 2010, in London. / Getty
Wilko Johnson, an actor on "Game of Thrones" and guitarist for English blues band Dr. Feelgood, has been diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer, his manager said.
"He has chosen not to receive any chemotherapy," Johnson's manager, Robert Hoy, revealed in a Facebook post on Wednesday. "He is currently in good spirits, is not yet suffering any physical effects and can expect to enjoy at least another few months of reasonable health and activity."
Johnson portayed Ilyn Payne, a mute executioner, on the first and second seasons of the HBO series. He's also an original member of Dr. Feelgood, a British group that formed in 1971.
But he's not going to let the illness slow him down.
"He has just set off on a trip to Japan; on his return we plan to complete a new CD, make a short tour of France, then give a series of farewell gigs in the UK. There is also a live DVD in the pipeline, filmed on the last UK tour," said Hoy.
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Jewel opens up about portraying June Carter Cash
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards