Adele to make post-baby debut at Golden Globe Awards
Adele performs onstage at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards held at Staples Center on Feb. 12, 2012, in Los Angeles. / Getty
Adele is coming to the Golden Globes.
The executive producer of the show says the 24-year-old Grammy-winning pop star is set to make her first post-baby appearance at Sunday's ceremony, where she is nominated for original song for the James Bond theme "Skyfall."
Adele welcomed her first child, with boyfriend Simon Konecki, in October. The singer has kept a low profile since announcing her pregnancy in June, after sweeping the Grammy Awards last February with six wins. The last time she updated her website's blog was to announce the pregnancy; she never made a formal announcement about giving birth last fall.
But that doesn't mean her music has fallen off the radar. Her 2011 release, "21," was the the highest-selling album in the U.S. in 2012 for the second consecutive year, according to sales figures released by Nielsen SoundScan.
Her single, "Skyfall," will compete at the Golden Globes with Taylor Swift's song from "The Hunger Games," Jon Bon Jovi's number from "Stand Up Guys," Keith Urban's track from "Act of Valor," and "Suddenly" from "Les Miserables."
The Globes will be presented Sunday at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
Popular in Entertainment
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 347 Comments
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Chappelle to return with comedy tour
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Nigella Lawson's husband cautioned by cops over assault
- Police looking into Nigella Lawson throat-grab photos