Adele to make post-baby debut at Golden Globe Awards
Adele performs onstage at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards held at Staples Center on Feb. 12, 2012, in Los Angeles. / Getty
Adele is coming to the Golden Globes.
The executive producer of the show says the 24-year-old Grammy-winning pop star is set to make her first post-baby appearance at Sunday's ceremony, where she is nominated for original song for the James Bond theme "Skyfall."
Adele welcomed her first child, with boyfriend Simon Konecki, in October. The singer has kept a low profile since announcing her pregnancy in June, after sweeping the Grammy Awards last February with six wins. The last time she updated her website's blog was to announce the pregnancy; she never made a formal announcement about giving birth last fall.
But that doesn't mean her music has fallen off the radar. Her 2011 release, "21," was the the highest-selling album in the U.S. in 2012 for the second consecutive year, according to sales figures released by Nielsen SoundScan.
Her single, "Skyfall," will compete at the Golden Globes with Taylor Swift's song from "The Hunger Games," Jon Bon Jovi's number from "Stand Up Guys," Keith Urban's track from "Act of Valor," and "Suddenly" from "Les Miserables."
The Globes will be presented Sunday at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral