Tina Fey may join cast of "Muppets" sequel
Tina Fey as Liz Lemon in "30 Rock." / Ali Goldstein/NBC
Everyone's favorite TV show writer who plays a fake TV show writer on "30 Rock," Tina Fey is rumored to be the newest human star in Disney's sequel to "The Muppets." The production, which has already cast Ricky Gervais as the main non-Muppet star, is reportedly in late-stage negotiations with Fey.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Fey would play the role of a Russian gulag prison guard. The script for "The Muppets" sequel has been kept under wraps and shooting doesn't start until next month, so it is unclear what role the prison guard will have in the film.
Fey previously shared the screen with Ricky Gervais in 2009's "The Invention of Lying," and most recently appeared on the big screen with 2010's "Date Night."
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video