Jimmy Kimmel wrecks set to kick off new time slot
Host Jimmy Kimmel speaks onstage at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards at the Nokia Theatre on Sunday, Sept. 23, 2012, in Los Angeles. / John Shearer/Invision/AP
Jimmy Kimmel's first 11:35 p.m. show of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" aired on Tuesday night, moving the ABC host into direct competition with late night veterans Jay Leno and David Letterman.
"I am now 25 minutes closer to my lifelong dream of co-hosting 'The View,'" Kimmel quipped during the opening monologue of Tuesday night's show.
Kimmel's show is now airing in "Nightline's" former timeslot, but he told "Nightline" fans not to worry they can still get important news from his show.
"For those of you who turned into see 'Nightline,' this is not it. But just because this isn't 'Nightline' doesn't mean we won't talk about important issues," he said. "Did you know Honey Boo Boo's mother is afraid of mayonnaise?"
Jennifer Aniston helped Kimmel christen his new time slot as his first guest. She entered the stage wielding a sledgehammer and wearing goggles and gloves, proceeding to smash his furniture.
"That's out with the old, in with the new, we're going to 11:30!" Aniston explained.
She later gave Kimmel a haircut because she used to cut her dad's and wanted to give it a try again. See the video below.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- "Star Trek Into Darkness" wins weekend box office
- "Star Wars" animated series coming 2014