Rapper Freddy E tweets moments before apparent suicide
The hip hop community is in mourning, following the death of rapper Freddy E this weekend. The 22-year-old rising star was found dead inside his Seattle-area apartment. Kings County medical examiners have said the rapper died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Born Frederick Eugene Buhl, Freddy E had been signed as a recording artist to rapper Tyga's music label. The young performer also had a popular YouTube channel called Jerk TV. Fans have speculated that the suicide was over Freddy E's recent break-up with fellow rapper, Honey Cocaine, although this has yet to be confirmed.
The suicide was perhaps all the more shocking given that Freddy E apparently live tweeted in the moments just before death. His final post read, "I'm sorry."
The news of Freddy E comes just two weeks after another young rapper, Capital STEEZ, is said to also have committed suicide just after sending farewell messages on Twitter.
Watch our report on Freddy E at the top of this story.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 122 Comments
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Brad Pitt: "I've haven't known life to be any happier"