"California's Gold" TV host Huell Howser dead at 67
Producer Huell Howser appears onstage at City of Hope's Music and Entertainment Industry's Spirit of Life Gala in the Diamond Ballroom at the Ritz-Carlton and JW Marriott Hotels on Jan. 13, 2010, in Los Angeles. / Getty
Huell Howser, the homespun host of public television's popular "California's Gold," has died at age 67.
A spokeswoman for KCET-Los Angeles says Howser died Sunday night of natural causes.
Howser's "California's Gold" took viewers to many parts of the Golden State, delivering insights on its history and natural wonders in a Tennessee twang.
KCET corporate communications manager Ayn Allen says the station will be airing a special on Howser Monday night.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video