Kate Winslet's husband fights tabloid over party photos
Actress Kate Winslet and Ned RocknRoll look on before The presentation of The Longines Hong Kong Cup during the Hong Kong International Races at Sha Tin racecourse on Dec. 9, 2012, in Hong Kong. / Vince Caligiuri/Getty Images
Kate Winslet's new husband, Ned Rocknroll, has gone to court in London to stop British tabloid newspaper The Sun from publishing photos of him at what he called an "outrageous" costume party.
Rocknroll is asking the High Court to bar the paper from running the pictures pending the outcome of his invasion of privacy claim against the newspaper.
Rocknroll, the nephew of Virgin transport and media tycoon Richard Branson, argues there is no public interest in running the photos, taken in 2010 when he was a "relative nobody." The content of the images was not disclosed. The Sun has quoted Rocknroll's lawyer, David Sherbourne, as saying they are "innocent but naive."
The 34-year-old married the Academy Award-winning actress Winslet in New York last month.
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 137 Comments
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- "The Voice" finale recap: Season 4 crowns a winner
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis