Lindsay Lohan to appear in court over NYC nightclub assault case
Lindsay Lohan attends a dinner celebrating the premiere of "Liz & Dick" on Nov. 20, 2012, in Beverly Hills, Calif. / AP
Actress Lindsay Lohan is scheduled to appear in court to face assault charges in connection with a fight at a Manhattan nightclub.
She's charged with misdemeanor assault in the Nov. 29 incident at Club Avenue.
The "Mean Girls" and "Liz and Dick" star allegedly struck a woman in the face during an argument.
She's due in criminal court Monday where she'll learn whether prosecutors will pursue the case against her.
At the time of her arrest, her attorney, Mark Heller, said Lohan was "a victim of someone trying to capture their 15 minutes of fame."
In September, she was involved in an NYPD investigation after alleging a man assaulted her in a hotel. Charges against the man were later dropped.
It was just one of many legal issues Lohan has faced this year.
In December, a Los Angeles judge revoked her probation and scheduled a violation hearing for Jan. 15 that could result in more jail time for the 26-year-old star.
Lohan had attempted to get her career back on track at the start of last year, posing for Playboy and starring in "Liz and Dick." The Lifetime movie, though, wasn't greeted favorably by fans or critics when it premiered in November.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice"
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- Streisand slams treatment of women in Israel 352 Comments
- Justin Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go