Lindsay Lohan to appear in court over NYC nightclub assault case
Lindsay Lohan attends a dinner celebrating the premiere of "Liz & Dick" on Nov. 20, 2012, in Beverly Hills, Calif. / AP
Actress Lindsay Lohan is scheduled to appear in court to face assault charges in connection with a fight at a Manhattan nightclub.
She's charged with misdemeanor assault in the Nov. 29 incident at Club Avenue.
The "Mean Girls" and "Liz and Dick" star allegedly struck a woman in the face during an argument.
She's due in criminal court Monday where she'll learn whether prosecutors will pursue the case against her.
At the time of her arrest, her attorney, Mark Heller, said Lohan was "a victim of someone trying to capture their 15 minutes of fame."
In September, she was involved in an NYPD investigation after alleging a man assaulted her in a hotel. Charges against the man were later dropped.
It was just one of many legal issues Lohan has faced this year.
In December, a Los Angeles judge revoked her probation and scheduled a violation hearing for Jan. 15 that could result in more jail time for the 26-year-old star.
Lohan had attempted to get her career back on track at the start of last year, posing for Playboy and starring in "Liz and Dick." The Lifetime movie, though, wasn't greeted favorably by fans or critics when it premiered in November.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage