Josh Brolin arrested in Calif.
Actor Josh Brolin poses during a photocall for his new film "Men in Black 3," in London, May 16, 2012. / BEN STANSALL/AFP/Getty Images
SANTA MONICA, Calif. Josh Brolin spent some of New Year's Day and the following morning in a Southern California jail cell after getting arrested for misdemeanor public intoxication.
Santa Monica Police Lt. Darrell Lowe says the actor was not given a citation for the Tuesday arrest, which means he likely won't have to appear in court.
Lowe says Brolin was arrested just before midnight January 1, when officers found him heavily intoxicated on a Santa Monica sidewalk.
He was booked into jail and released about six hours later after he had sobered up.
A call to a publicist for Brolin was not immediately returned Sunday.
Brolin is starring in the crime film "Gangster Squad," which opens this week.
In 2009, after wrapping filming of Oliver Stone's "W," Brolin, fellow cast member Jeffrey Wright, and five others were arrested following a bar fight in Shreveport, La.
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 143 Comments
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 18 Photos
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" trailer
- Selma Blair abruptly exits "Anger Management"