Josh Brolin arrested in Calif.
Actor Josh Brolin poses during a photocall for his new film "Men in Black 3," in London, May 16, 2012. / BEN STANSALL/AFP/Getty Images
SANTA MONICA, Calif. Josh Brolin spent some of New Year's Day and the following morning in a Southern California jail cell after getting arrested for misdemeanor public intoxication.
Santa Monica Police Lt. Darrell Lowe says the actor was not given a citation for the Tuesday arrest, which means he likely won't have to appear in court.
Lowe says Brolin was arrested just before midnight January 1, when officers found him heavily intoxicated on a Santa Monica sidewalk.
He was booked into jail and released about six hours later after he had sobered up.
A call to a publicist for Brolin was not immediately returned Sunday.
Brolin is starring in the crime film "Gangster Squad," which opens this week.
In 2009, after wrapping filming of Oliver Stone's "W," Brolin, fellow cast member Jeffrey Wright, and five others were arrested following a bar fight in Shreveport, La.
Popular in Entertainment
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Amanda Seyfried talks filming Seth MacFarlane's new Western Play Video
- Jewel opens up about portraying June Carter Cash