Playboy an inspiration for Jenny McCarthy show
Actress/TV Personality Jenny McCarthy arrives at the NBCUniversal summer press day held at The Langham Huntington Hotel and Spa on April 18, 2012, in Pasadena, Calif. / Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images
PASADENA, Calif. Jenny McCarthy says she's looking to Hugh Hefner's old "Playboy After Dark" as an inspiration for her new talk show.
The actress and former Playboy Playmate will host a late-night talk show Fridays on VH1 starting Feb. 8. After years of being tied up in unproductive development deals, McCarthy said Saturday she came to realize the best character she could play was herself.
She's looking for a party atmosphere. One segment she plans with celebrity guests is the "groundbreaking interview," which is talking to guests while both are lying on the ground.
McCarthy also plans a game, "Drunk, Dumb or Both," asking men outside a bar questions like, "what color is a red boat?"
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- Colin Farrell talks "Epic" new role Play Video
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?