Playboy an inspiration for Jenny McCarthy show
Actress/TV Personality Jenny McCarthy arrives at the NBCUniversal summer press day held at The Langham Huntington Hotel and Spa on April 18, 2012, in Pasadena, Calif. / Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images
PASADENA, Calif. Jenny McCarthy says she's looking to Hugh Hefner's old "Playboy After Dark" as an inspiration for her new talk show.
The actress and former Playboy Playmate will host a late-night talk show Fridays on VH1 starting Feb. 8. After years of being tied up in unproductive development deals, McCarthy said Saturday she came to realize the best character she could play was herself.
She's looking for a party atmosphere. One segment she plans with celebrity guests is the "groundbreaking interview," which is talking to guests while both are lying on the ground.
McCarthy also plans a game, "Drunk, Dumb or Both," asking men outside a bar questions like, "what color is a red boat?"
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest