Naomi Campbell mugged in Paris, police say
Naomi Campbell was mugged by two male assailants who grabbed her handbag in Paris on Nov. 21, police said on Friday.
According to a report by Reuters, the British supermodel put in a police complaint, saying two men on motorbikes attacked her in the Marais area of Paris.
"There was an attempted robbery with violence," an official at the prosecutor's office said.
According to The New York Post, Campbell was trying to hail a taxi when, sources say, she was "knocked over and robbed," leaving her with a torn ligament.
One source said, "It was terrifying. Naomi believes the assailant had been watching her, casing her out, and waited for a moment to strike when she was alone."
Naomi, 42, used a wheelchair and crutches following the attack, reports the paper.
When The Post called for a statement, Campbell said, "I am sorry, I do not talk to press, but I am fine."
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"