R&B singer Frank Ocean cited for pot possession
Frank Ocean performs at the Oya music festival in Oslo, Norway, on Aug. 9, 2012. / Grott, Vegard/AFP/Getty Images
BRIDGEPORT, Calif. Grammy-nominated R&B singer Frank Ocean is facing a marijuana possession charge after police say he was pulled over on New Year's Eve in California's Eastern Sierra Nevada for driving more than 90 mph in a 65 mph zone.
The Mono County Sheriff's Department says officers stopped Ocean's black BMW at about 4:30 p.m. Dec. 31 as he was heading southbound on U.S. 395.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Jennifer Hansen says a strong odor of marijuana wafted out as a deputy approached the vehicle.
Hansen says the deputy found a small bag of marijuana on the 25-year-old Ocean, whose legal name is Christopher Breaux.
She says the Beverly Hills resident was cited for marijuana possession and released.
Calls and an email message sent to Ocean's representatives Thursday were not immediately returned.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?