Britain's Royal Mail to issue "Doctor Who" stamps
This image released by the Royal Mail on Jan. 3, 2013, shows a postage stamp with an image of the present Dr. Who, Matt Smith. / AP Photo/Royal Mail
Dr. Who -- who usually uses his TARDIS to navigate time and space -- will be traveling on the edge of letters in 2013.
Britain's Royal Mail is marking the 50th anniversary of the science fiction show "Doctor Who" with a series of stamps featuring each of the 11 actors who have played the title role. Those featured include the present doctor, Matt Smith, as well as past Time Lords such as David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston.
The series will also include a miniature sheet that brings together Second Class stamps featuring four of the doctor's iconic foes -- a Dalek, an Ood, a Weeping Angel and a Cyberman.
The stamps honoring the cult British television series will be available beginning at the end of March.
You can see the rest of the stamps at the Royal Mail's website.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 129 Comments
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- "The Voice" to feature tribute to tornado victims