"New Year's Rockin' Eve" tops the ratings
From left to right, media personality Ryan Seacrest, rapper MC Hammer (L), and Korean rapper PSY perform during New Year's Eve 2013 In Times Square at Times Square on Dec. 31, 2012, in New York. / Mike Coppola/Getty Images
ABC's "New Year's Rockin' Eve" programming topped the ratings for Monday night's broadcasts, earning its largest New Year's viewership since 2000.
Stars ring in 2013
The network kicked off the night with a two-hour special, "New Year's Rockin' Eve Celebrates Dick Clark," followed by the "Dick Clark's Primetime New Year's Rockin' Eve With Ryan Seacrest," which ran till midnight. The shows earned the network a 3.1 rating in the key demographic, 18-49 and a total of 10.7 million viewers, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
"New Year's Eve With Carson Daly" on NBC was up two tenths of a point in the key demo from last year, bringing the show to a 1.1 rating. The network overall on Monday night average a 0.9 rating and 3.3 million viewers reports THR.CBS averaged a 0.8 rating and 4 million viewers with encores and The CW's repeat airing of "iHeart Radio Music Festival" earned a 0.5 rating and 1.3 million viewers, according to the site.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"