Sam Champion of "Good Morning America" weds Rubem Robierb
This May 2012 photo shows "Good Morning America" weather anchor Sam Champion, right, with Ruben Robierb in New York. / AP Photo/ABC, Ida Mae Astute
"Good Morning America" weather anchor Sam Champion has married artist Rubem Robierb.
ABC says the couple wed in an intimate ceremony at Champion's New York apartment on Friday afternoon.
They were surrounded by friends, family and Champion's fellow "Good Morning America" anchors. Robierb's mother and sisters joined the festivities via Skype from Brazil.
The ceremony lasted about 10 minutes, including a poem recited by "GMA" anchor Robin Roberts, who is recovering after receiving a bone marrow transplant earlier this year.
Champion, 51, tweeted a message of thanks on Saturday:
Thank you for ur love and support! THE most wondeerful day!— Sam Champion (@SamChampion) December 22, 2012
Robierb also tweeted a photo of the couple from their big day:
Champion and Robierb met through mutual friends a few years ago in Miami, where Robierb resides. Born in Brazil, he is an artist who shows his work in Miami, Atlanta, Santa Monica and New York.
The two announced their engagement in October.
They plan to host a party in Miami on New Year's Eve to further celebrate their nuptials.
Popular in Entertainment
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 50 Photos
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Music Awards
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "Star Trek Into Darkness" wins weekend box office
- Watch: New "Anchorman 2" teaser trailer debuts
- "Mad Men" recap: 10 best moments