Russell Crowe returns to Sydney to be with family
Danielle Spencer and Russell Crowe arrive at The Star Opening Party on Oct. 25, 2011, in Sydney, Australia. / Getty
Academy award-winning actor Russell Crowe has been reunited with his family, returning to Sydney and visiting the home of his estranged wife, Danielle Spencer, where his children live.
Cover Media agency reported Friday that Crowe was carrying a large bag of Christmas gifts when spotted on Wednesday getting out of a car after his arrival.
The New Zealand-born actor has been in New York shooting his new fantasy movie, "Winter's Tale," alongside Colin Farrell, and flew to Australia after spending the morning on the set.
"Les Miserables" premieres in London
Reports surfaced in October that Crowe and Spencer were separating after a nine-year union. But he recently tweeted: "As soon as I finish this job & can get home, my priority is to try to bring my family back together.These latest reports are false & cruel."
Crowe will walk the red carpet Friday in Sydney for his new movie, "Les Miserables," and is then expected to spend some more time with his sons, Charles and Tennyson.
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 145 Comments
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stars pay tribute to James Gandolfini