Michael Douglas supports son Cameron Douglas in court
Cameron Douglas and actor Michael Douglas arrive at the premiere of Warner Bros. "Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past" on April 27, 2009, in Hollywood, Calif. / Getty
Michael Douglas went to a New York City courtroom to show support for his son Cameron Douglas, who is appealing an additional jail sentence he was given for having drugs smuggled drugs into a correctional center in New York.
Michael Douglas didn't speak in depth to reporters outside of the courthouse on Wednesday, but only said his son's case was "on appeal" and "clearly" he is hoping that everything goes well, reports New York Daily News.
Cameron Douglas is serving his initial five-year sentence at a federal prison in Loretto, Pa. He was given an additional 4 1/2 year term last December for having drugs smuggled into the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York on his behalf.
He was at the correctional center in New York to testify against a former supplier.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy
- Top wedding dress trends: "Gatsby" glamour and more