Michael Douglas supports son Cameron Douglas in court
Cameron Douglas and actor Michael Douglas arrive at the premiere of Warner Bros. "Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past" on April 27, 2009, in Hollywood, Calif. / Getty
Michael Douglas went to a New York City courtroom to show support for his son Cameron Douglas, who is appealing an additional jail sentence he was given for having drugs smuggled drugs into a correctional center in New York.
Michael Douglas didn't speak in depth to reporters outside of the courthouse on Wednesday, but only said his son's case was "on appeal" and "clearly" he is hoping that everything goes well, reports New York Daily News.
Cameron Douglas is serving his initial five-year sentence at a federal prison in Loretto, Pa. He was given an additional 4 1/2 year term last December for having drugs smuggled into the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York on his behalf.
He was at the correctional center in New York to testify against a former supplier.
Popular in Entertainment
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- "Dancing with the Stars" season 16 finale 21 Photos
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Bono and Olivia Wilde join Matt Damon's "toilet strike"
- Green, Aguilera will be back on "The Voice"
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" to series for 2013-2014 season
- "The Voice" pays tribute to Oklahoma tornado victims