Queen Elizabeth II goes 3D for Christmas message
Queen Elizabeth II is coming to the people of England in 3D.
Buckingham Palace says the monarch was "ready to embrace something new" for her annual Christmas broadcast in honor of her Diamond Jubilee year - 60 years on the throne.
Christmas at the palace
The 86-year-old monarch has made a prerecorded Christmas broadcast on radio since 1952 and on television since 1957. She writes the speeches herself, and the broadcasts mark the rare occasions in which the queen voices her own opinion without government consultation.
The palace said the queen has watched the broadcast and found it "absolutely lovely."
It airs at 3 p.m. on Christmas Day.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video