Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy welcome baby boy
Hugh Dancy and Claire Danes arrive at the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards on Sept. 23, 2012, in Los Angeles. / Getty
Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy's "Homeland" just got bigger.
The stork club
Danes' rep confirms the couple welcomed a baby boy named Cyrus Michael Christopher.
People first reported Monday's birth.
It's the first child for 33-year old Danes and 37-year-old Dancy. They were married in 2009.
There's no word yet whether the new mom will attend the Golden Globe Awards on Jan. 13. She's nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series for her work on Showtime's "Homeland." The critically-acclaimed series has been renewed for a third season.
When asked whether she wants to tackle film, Danes told The Los Angeles Times, "I would like to do a movie at some point, but I've got plenty on my plate and am totally sated."
Up next, Dancy stars in NBC's "Hannibal," an adaptation of Thomas Harris' novel "Red Dragon."
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion
- Kate wears sunny yellow for palace garden party
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- Eva Longoria graduates with a master's degree