Al Pacino-led "Glengarry Glen Ross" Broadway revival recoups investment
This undated publicity photo released by Jeffrey Richards Associates shows Al Pacino in a scene from "Glengarry Glen Ross" at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre in New York. / AP Photo/Jeffrey Richards Associates
The Broadway revival of "Glengarry Glen Ross," starring Al Pacino and Bobby Cannavale, has plenty to be happy about this Christmas.
Producers said Wednesday that the show, which marks the 30th anniversary of David Mamet's Pulitzer Prize-winning play about the backbiting world of salesmen, has recouped its $3.3 million investment.
The revival's cast also includes Jeremy Shamos, John C. McGinley, David Harbour and Richard Schiff.
"Glengarry" is the first production of the current Broadway season to recoup its investment, The New York Times notes.
Reviews were mixed when the play opened on Dec. 8, but were better than those for "The Anarchist," a new Mamet play that closed this fall after only 23 previews and 17 performances.
Popular in Entertainment
- Cannes Film Festival 2013 46 Photos
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance
- Friends pay tribute to George Jones at funeral
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- "Survivor: Caramoan" crowns a winner