"The Voice" crowns a winner
Cassadee Pope, Blake Shelton pose after winning "The Voice," Dec. 18, 2012. / AP/NBC
Cassadee Pope, who was country singer Blake Shelton's protege on the third season of NBC's "The Voice," has won the show's competition.
"The Voice" season three finale
The 23-year-old singer is stepping out into a solo career after performing with a band called Hey Monday. Her victory over Scottish native Terry McDermott and long-bearded Nicholas David was announced at the end of a two-hour show Tuesday.
Pope thanked the fans who had rooted for her throughout the competition. When asked how it felt to win, Pope said, "I don't know," adding, "I'm feeling amazing, thank you for everyone who voted for me and all the fans and Blake, the producers, wardrobe, Carson, the band, and Christina, everybody."
She also had the chance to perform with one of her music idols, Avril Lavigne, on Tuesday night.
"The Voice" has grown into a hit for NBC and was the key factor in the network's surprising success this fall.
The show's status was affirmed by the stream of hitmakers who performed on the finale. They included Rihanna, Bruno Mars, The Killers, Smokey Robinson and Peter Frampton.
The fourth season of "The Voice" premieres March 25. Shakira and Usher will take over for coaches Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"