Michael Douglas' son suffers injuries in prison, reports say
Cameron Douglas and actor Michael Douglas arrive at the premiere of Warner Bros. "Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past" on April 27, 2009, in Hollywood, Calif. / Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Michael Douglas' son has suffered multiple injuries in prison, according to reports.
Cameron Douglas, who is currently in prison in Pennsylvania after pleading guilty to charges of distributing crystal meth and possessing heroin, suffered a broken finger and leg after being targeted in a prison flag-football league, a source told the New York Post.
A New York City crime boss reportedly put a $100 bounty on his head during one of the games for being a rat, reports the Post.
Cameron Douglas blamed his injuries on a handball game, but a source told the Post, "You don't break a femur playing handball."
The actor's son was given a five-year sentence in 2010 and an additional 4 1/2 year term was added last December for having drugs smuggled into the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York on his behalf, reported the Associated Press.
He was in New York to testify against a former supplier, even though he is serving his time in federal prison in Loretto, Pa.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- At last: "Arrested" is reborn Sunday on Netflix
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- "DWTS": Finalists compete for mirror ball trophy