Zooey Deschanel finalizes divorce from Death Cab for Cutie frontman
Zooey Deschanel and Ben Gibbard attend the 2011 HBO Golden Globe Party in Beverly Hills, Calif. on Jan. 16, 2011. / Getty
A judge has finalized Zooey Deschanel's divorce from her rocker husband of roughly three years.
Court records show a judge finalized the actress' divorce from Death Cab for Cutie frontman Ben Gibbard on Wednesday in Los Angeles.
Gibbard and Deschanel, who stars in Fox's "New Girl," were married in September 2009. They had no children together.
The actress filed for divorce in December 2011 after separating two months earlier.
The judgment does not provide financial details of the breakup, although it states that the former couple's marriage cannot be repaired by counseling or mediation.
According to Us Weekly, Deschanel has a new guy in her life -- screenwriter Jamie Linden, who's worked on scripts for "Dear John" and "We Are Marshall."
Deschanel was nominated last week for a Golden Globe for her work on "New Girl."
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Michelle Obama's prom photo revealed on "Ellen"