Kelly Clarkson is engaged
Brandon Blackstock and Kelly Clarkson attend Warner Music Group Grammy Celebration on Feb. 12, 2012, in Los Angeles. / Todd Williamson
Kelly Clarkson isn't so "Miss Independent" anymore. The singer has gotten engaged to Brandon Blackstock, her boyfriend of almost a year.
The first "American Idol" winner announced the news on Twitter:
I'M ENGAGED!!!!! I wanted y'all to know!! Happiest night of my life last night! I am so lucky and am with the greatest man ever :)— Kelly Clarkson (@kelly_clarkson) December 15, 2012
She also tweeted a photo of the engagement ring:
Everyone has been asking about my engagement ring, so here it is :) It's a yellow canary diamond with diamonds around ... say.ly/tDQ4MVN— Kelly Clarkson (@kelly_clarkson) December 16, 2012
During a recent appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," Clarkson talked about how nice it was to be dating Blackstock, a Nashville-based talent manager and stepson of country singer Reba McEntire.
"I am not alone for the first time for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I'm very happy," Clarkson, 30, said.
Clarkson is having a good year. Her single, "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)," has been nominated for a Grammy in the categories of record of the year, song of the year and best pop solo performance, and her album, "Stronger," is in the running for best pop vocal album.
The Texas native just released a greatest hits album.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Something old, new, borrowed and...zombie 9 Photos
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?