Man arrested at Taylor Swift's Nashville home
Taylor Swift performs after switching on the Christmas lights at Westfield London, White City/Shepherd's Bush on Nov. 6, 2012, in London. / Getty
Authorities say a man jailed on a trespassing charge took a bus from Wisconsin to Nashville, climbed a fence at a home linked to singer Taylor Swift and told police he was there to surprise a woman on her birthday.
The singer is overseas and turned 23 Thursday. She was photographed in England, spending her birthday with her latest beau, One Direction's Harry Styles. Earlier this week, the new lovebirds were spotted in New York together.
Court documents show 24-year-old Jacob Nicholas Kulke was arrested early Friday after climbing a fence and secured gate. The City Paper previously reported that the $2.5 million house in Belle Meade, a Nashville suburb, was bought last year by a trustee who handles property deals for Swift.
Kulke told police he had social media ties to someone at the home and he wanted to surprise her for her birthday. Court records don't show whether he has a lawyer.
Swift's spokeswoman declined comment.
Popular in Entertainment
- Jennifer Aniston strips in "We're the Millers" trailer
- Brad Pitt surprises fans at "World War Z" screening
- "The Hangover III": Critics aren't drunk with excitement
- CBS picks up "Bad Teacher" series for 2013-2014 season
- "Now You See Me" cast talks magic at N.Y. premiere
- Paul McCartney writes in support of Pussy Riot
- How to tie a bow tie Play Video
- Watch: Jennifer Aniston has awkward "Friends" reunion