Sally Struthers pleads not guilty in DUI case
This booking photo released by the Ogunquit, Maine, Police Department shows actress Sally Struthers, arrested early Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2012 for drunken driving after being pulled over on U.S. Route 1 in the southern Maine resort town. The 65-year-old actress has been performing at the Ogunquit Playhouse in the musical "9 to 5." (AP Photo/Ogunquit Police Department)
Sally Struthers has entered a not guilty plea on charges she drove drunk in Maine, where she was performing in a musical.
The Portland Press Herald reports the 65-year-old Struthers did not appear in York District Court on Thursday, and entered the plea through her lawyer.
Celebrity mug shots
Police arrested Struthers on Sept. 12 on U.S. Route 1 in the resort town Ogunquit. She was charged with criminal operating under the influence.
Struthers has no criminal history in Maine, according to the paper, which notes that a first-time offender convicted of drunken driving faces a 90-day license suspension and a $400 fine.
Struthers is best known for her role as Gloria Stivic in the 1970s TV sitcom "All in the Family." She had been performing at the Ogunquit Playhouse in the musical "9 to 5."
She's scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 13 for a bench trial.
Popular in Entertainment
- James Gandolfini dead at 51
- James Gandolfini: 1961-2013 21 Photos
- Watch: Miley Cyrus' trippy "We Can't Stop" music video
- Johnny Depp falls off horse on film set Play Video
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 145 Comments
- James Franco blasts "Spider-Man" reboot
- Palace sheds some light on Kate's baby plans
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate