"Les Miserables" actor Hugh Jackman gets Walk of Fame star
Who said 13 is an unlucky number?
Hugh Jackman gets star on Walk of Fame
"It's kind of a surreal day," the actor told E! News. "I'll probably always remember Thursday, Dec. 13, and I think I'm either going straight from here to buy a lottery ticket or to a casino because it just feels like someone is looking down on me in a very nice way at this moment."
At the Thursday afternoon ceremony, Jay Leno introduced Jackman, who was accompanied by "Les Miserables" stars Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried. It was the latest in a blitz of promotion for the movie, based on a popular Broadway musical, that arrives in theaters on Christmas Day.
Jackman received his star on the same day it was announced that he is up for a Golden Globe in the Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy category and the day after he received a Screen Actor Guild nomination for the same role.
"Les Miserables, which also stars fellow Australian RusseIl Crowe as Javert, has been in the news almost since filming started last year. Early trailers and movie posters made a splash when they were released this spring and summer.
It's also been a good year for Jackman, who is up for a Best Actor award at next month's People's Choice awards. With Oscar nominations and the release of a new Wolverine movie still ahead, 2013 may be even luckier.
Popular in Entertainment
- Etheridge calls Jolie's mastectomy a "fearful choice" 75 Comments
- Kim Kardashian on baby's arrival: "So crazy!"
- Music critics believe in Kanye West's "Yeezus"
- "The Voice": Top three sing for the win
- Johnny Depp on "unpleasant" split with Vanessa Paradis
- "Bachelorette": Desiree lets two lukewarm lovers go
- Listen: John Mayer's new single "Paper Doll"
- Kris Jenner: Kim Kardashian is "thrilled" about baby