Jenni Rivera's family has identified her remains, official says
Jenni Rivera arrives at the Billboard Latin Music Awards 2012 at Bank United Center on April 26, 2012, in Miami. / Rodrigo Varela/Getty Images
Jenni Rivera's family has identified her remains after she was killed in plane crash, an official says.
Musicians killed in air crashes
DNA tests are still pending, according to a Nuevo Leon state security spokesman, but once the tests are completed the Mexican-American superstar's remains will be given to the family.
Officials said earlier that two state police officers had been arrested on suspicion of stealing unspecified items from the scene of the plane crash that killed Rivera.
The Nuevo Leon state government says authorities found images of the scene on the smartphone of one of the officers, who is 23, while trying to determine how the Mexican media got photographs of the secured site, including images of body parts and personal documents.
Popular in Entertainment
- Amanda Bynes arrested on bong-related counts
- Amanda Bynes 20 Photos
- Amanda Bynes in court for possession of marijuana Play Video
- Amanda Bynes charged in NYC in accused bong toss
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Snooki: N.J. Gov. Christie "just doesn't like us"
- Stone Temple Pilots sue its former singer
- "Arrested Development" returns: Will you binge-watch?