"This is 40" recalls world of "Knocked Up"
Leslie Mann, star of the upcoming comedy "This is 40," celebrated her 40th birthday with girlfriends at a bar in Hawaii.
The actress recounted the story on the red carpet of the movie's premiere Wednesday night in Los Angeles. Her husband, director Judd Apatow, spoke of his 40th birthday as "very sad."
"This is 40" premieres
In this comedy directed by Apatow, Mann and co-star Paul Rudd reprise their roles as Pete and Debbie, the married couple from the 2007 hit "Knocked Up." Mann and Apatow's daughters, Iris and Maude Apatow, play the screen couple's children.
Also walking the red carpet for the movie, which opens on Dec. 21, are Albert Brooks, who plays Pete's dad; Megan Fox, the hot girl employed by Debbie; Jason Segel, who plays Debbie's trainer; and "Girls"creator and star Lena Dunham and "Bridesemaids" actor Chris O'Dowd, who play Pete's employees.
Melissa McCarthy and John Lithgow also have roles in the movie.
Popular in Entertainment
- New "Dancing with the Stars" champion announced
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- "DWTS": Champion Melissa Rycroft picks a winner
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- Top wedding dress trends: "Gatsby" glamour and more
- First look: Jennifer Lawrence in "X-Men: Days of Future Past"