N.M. men plotted to kill Justin Bieber, report says
News came out of New Mexico Wednesday of a plot to murder pop sensation Justin Bieber, according to a report by Albuquerque news station KRQE.
The station, which sources a police investigation, alleges that a plot was hatched by two prison inmates and one of their nephews to murder Bieber at a sold-out show at NYC's Madison Square Garden.
According to the station, a New Mexico prisoner named Dana Martin, serving out two life sentences for the rape and murder of a 15-year-old girl, enlisted the help of former fellow inmate Mark Staake and his nephew Tanner Ruane to carry out four murders. Two of the reported targets were Justin Bieber and his bodyguard.
KRQE reports that Martin is obsessed with Bieber, and actually has a tattoo of the singer on his leg.
They go on to report the details of the planned murders, which involved strangling the victims with a paisley tie before ultimately castrating them.
KRQE then states that what ultimately foiled the plot was Martin himself inexplicably turning in his co-conspirators. Staake was reportedly arrested in Vermont on outstanding warrants, while his nephew made it to New York, where police reports obtained by KRQE allege he was arrested with "murder tools and pruning shears." Additionally, recorded calls between Ruane and Martin reportedly indicated Ruane's dismay that he was unable to carry out the murders.
Keep checking back here for more on this story.
Popular in Entertainment
- Ray Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies
- Justin Bieber booed at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 116 Comments
- Ray Manzarek remembered by Doors bandmates, rockers
- Billboard Music Awards 2013 39 Photos
- "The Voice": Top 10 take the stage
- Watch: Miguel jumps, lands on fan at Billboard Awards
- CBS takes "Mike & Molly" tornado-themed finale off air
- Runaway mom begs for kids' forgiveness on Dr. Phil