Jenna Bush Hager, former first daughter, is pregnant
Jenna Bush Hager, left, and her husband, Henry Hager, appear on NBC News' "Today" show in New York on Dec. 12, 2012, where they announced they were expecting their first child. / AP/NBC
Former first daughter Jenna Bush Hager is pregnant with her first child, due in the spring.
The 31-year-old made the announcement Wednesday on NBC's "Today" show, where she is a contributing correspondent, saying she was "nervous and excited" to share the news.
"I'm a first-time mom, but it's something I've always wanted. I'm a teacher and I love kids," she added.
Hager, the twin daughter of former President George W. Bush, and her husband, Henry Hager, have been married for four years.
This will be the first grandchild for former President Bush and his wife, former first lady Laura Bush.
During a phone call on the show, the former president said he's "fired up" about becoming a grandfather, and the former first lady said she's "thrilled for Jenna and Henry and, of course, for George and me to have the grandchildren we've been really looking forward to."
Popular in Entertainment
- "Seinfeld": Where are they now? 15 Photos
- Weddings around the world 16 Photos
- "American Idol" winner announced
- "American Idol" season 12 finale 31 Photos
- Stars at NBA 2013 playoffs 15 Photos
- "The Big Bang Theory": Expect a cliffhanger in finale
- Runaway mom tells Dr. Phil: "They're better off without me"
- Inside Mariah Carey's "American Idol" performance